30 October - 02 November, 2019
Hilton Colombo Residences, Colombo, Srilanka
- Philosophy of Tunnelling
- Fundamentals of rock mechanics related to tunnelling and Rock Slope Engineering
- Geological factors affecting tunnelling
- Tunnel construction techniques in hard and soft grounds: Drill-&-blast, shield tunnelling, Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM), cut-&-cover tunnels
- Approaches for tunnelling:
- New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM)
- Norwegian Method of Tunnelling (NMT)
- ADECO-RS Method
- Approaches for tunnelling (contd. from previous day)
- Tunnel support design - Empirical methods, analytical methods, numerical methods
- Numerical methods of analysis and design of tunnels using various software tools from Rocscience, world’s leading developers of geotechnical software
- Tunnelling hazards: squeezing, rock burst, chimney formation, face collapse, flowing ground, flooding etc.
- Tunnelling hazards: squeezing, rock burst, chimney formation, face collapse, flooding etc.
- Ground stabilisation and ground water control: dewatering, compressed air, grouting, ground freezing, forepoling, face dowels, roof umbrella
- Shotcrete technology
- Tunnel instrumentation
- Design approach to slope stability and stabilisation measures
- Structural geology and data interpretation for slopes
- Introduction to stereonets and stereographic projection/li>
- Identification of modes of slope instability & kinematic analysis
- Plane failure – slope stability analysis and design of support system
- Wedge failure – slope stability analysis and design of support system
- Toppling failure – slope stability analysis and design of support system
- Circular failure – slope stability analysis and design of support system
- Analysis of rock fall hazards and design of rock fall protection measures
- Stabilisation measures for slopes
- Modern, innovative and state-of-the-art slope protection systems
- Slope instrumentation and monitoring
--- LKR 40,000 PER PARTICIPANT FOR INDIVIDUALS FROM SRI LANKA
--- LKR 54,000 PER PARTICIPANT FOR ORGNAISATIONS /COMPANIES FROM SRI LANKA
--- INR 21,000 PER PARTICIPANT (PLUS GST @18%) FOR PARTICIPANTS FROM SAARC COUNTRIES EXCEPT SRI LANKA
--- USD 575 PER PARTICIPANT (PLUS GST @18%) FOR PARTICIPANTS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.
What is Covered In Course Fee
- Lectures For Four Days
- Course Material in Soft form
- Temporary Rocscience software licenses for two weeks (Please bring your laptops for some hands-on tunnel analysis & design)
- Lunch And Tea/Coffee/Snacks On Four Days
- Course Completion Certificate
Alccofine - a brand synonym with quality & consistency is a range of products from Counto Microfine Products Pvt. Ltd. Alccofine is a pioneer & market leading brand in India for microfine cementitious injection grouts and ultrafine additives for concrete and mortar. Alccofine Series 1100 consists of micro / ultrafine cementitious injection grout of various fineness. These are used for soil stabilisation, pre & post grouting of tunnels, curtain grouting for dams, strata consolidation, etc. Alccofine Series 1200 consist of unique ultrafine additives for concrete to achieve high performance, high strength, early strength and shotcrete. Alccofine products are being used on many hydro, wind & thermal power projects, metro rail projects, fly over, bridges, via ducts, etc. all across India and abroad. CMPPL has a state of art ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility at Goa. It is one of the biggest manufacturing facility dedicated to construction industry.
CMPPL is a part of Ambuja Cements Ltd. Ambuja Cements Ltd, a part of the global conglomerate LafargeHolcim, is among the leading cement companies in India. Ambuja Cement has a cement capacity of 29.65 million tonnes with five integrated cement manufacturing plants and eight cement grinding units across the country. LafargeHolcim is global leader in building products with world’s biggest research & development facility at Lyon, France. LafargeHolcim has presence in all five continents (90 countries) and 100,000 people of various nationalities.
Alccofine derives latest technology & innovation support from all across the world through Ambuja and LafargeHolcim.
Garware Technical Fibres Ltd. (Formerly Garware-Wall Ropes Ltd.) is one of India’s leading players in the technical textiles sector. Established in 1976, the company today is a multi-divisional, multi-geographical technical textiles company and is known for providing world class innovative solutions in high performance aquaculture cage nets, fishing nets, sports nets, safety nets, agricultural nets, coated fabrics, polymer ropes and geosynthetics.
Herrenknecht is the technology and market leader in the area of mechanized tunnelling systems. Founded in 1977 in Schwanau, Germany and present today in almost 76 countries, it is the only company worldwide, which delivers cutting-edge tunnel boring machines for all ground conditions with diameters ranging from 0.10m to 19m.
The Herrenknecht product range includes tailor-made machines for transport, water supply and disposal tunnels. Under the Herrenknecht Group, a team of innovative specialists provide integrated solutions around tunnel construction with project-specific equipment and service packages upon request: these include seperation plants, tunnel conveyor belt systems, and navigation systems, along with segment production plants. The Herrenknecht India facility was set up in April 2007 in Chennai to assemble and refurbish Tunnel Boring Machines and is the only Tunnel Boring Machine manufacturer to have such a facility in India.
Cassion Consultants are Key Management personnel are them self HSE Qualified that allows them to work anywhere in the world. With such qualifications and an industry experience of more than two decades, CASSION CONSULTANTS are the preferred choice to consult for your Tunneling Operations.
Cassion Consultants is one amongst the few in the world to have a Level 2 Marine/Offshore and Diving Medicine Professional (trained at Royal College of Edinburgh, UK) to addresses Medical Intervention requirements.
Cassion Consultants take pride in having introduced HYPERBARIC INTERVENTION in india. Apart from training management and people on process of intervention, we also help establish standard operating procedures, safety measures, miner medicals, and operator training.
Hilton Colombo Residences
200 Union Pl
Phone +94 115 344 644
Dr. Manoj Verman
C-1004, Park View City-2, Sohna Road,
Ms. Asma Sathar
C-1004, Park View City-2, Sohna Road,